Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kitchen Update

So the granite was put in and that whole ordeal is over. I was so pleased with the service and Emerald Stone and Tile. They were great. I am putting new interior doors in for all of the bedrooms and bathroom. I still have to paint those and install them. I also got a new front door because the one there before made the entry look like a dungeon. The new one has a full glass panel that lets light in but the whole world can't see through to my living room and it has a swirled wrought iron design. I still have to do the flooring, paint the baseboards and molding for the doors and put shelving in my pantry. Then I am done! I was going to do the flooring myself because it is only laminate and everyone tells me how easy it is to put in. I just kept thinking "When do I have time!" I work full time and Adam works full time plus I am with the kids all day. I could probably do it but it would take me a week or two extra since I would only be able to work a couple hours here and there. I am so burnt out this kitchen remodel that I just want it done. I figured it's not worth it and I will just pay the extra money to have someone do it. I did some phone calls and everyone was way out of my budget. I thought forget it. I will just bear through another couple of weeks of chaos. I went to my house to get the mail and get ready for work when the penny saver came. I thought what the heck I will see if there is anyone who installs flooring. There was so I gave this guy a call. He was reasonably priced but I thought "Oh great I don't want to deal with another situation like the granite guy" I asked for some references and so he gave me a couple of names and numbers. I often wonder how people's references truely are. Are they real outside references or are they just giving me names of family members that will say they do a good job? Well I got a hold of 2 of the references and they seemed kind of caught off guard that I was calling them. So obviously they were random clients that he gave me. Both of them said that he does a really good job and that he always was there when he said he would be and that he called when he said he would call. I figured I would go with him and called him to ask when he could start. He said 8:30 in the morning. Yes! It's going to get done quicker than I thought. He said it will be done in 2 days so he will work all day Thursday and Friday. We can probably move back in by the weekend! YEAH!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like progress! I hope it works out well. See you Friday.