Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just Go To Bed!

My kids never sleep now. We have been sleeping at my parents house because of the kitchen remodel. We would always take them over right when they would wake up so that we could feed them. We figured why keep going back and forth. Landon has been the worse about the sleeping. We put him to bed and he just plays in the room. It is partially our fault because ever since the chaos of the kitchen we haven't been really strict on a bedtime. Last week I put him to bed and went to watch some TV. I checked on him and he was still up at 10pm. I told him to go to bed, sang him a song and tickled his face. His eyes started really drooping and he got really quiet. I slipped out of the room. I went back downstairs to watch TV. It was midnight and I was getting tired so I decided to head to bed. I walked upstairs to find the light on in the room Landon was staying in. I opened the door and got a surprise. He took all of Melanie's scrapbook paper and laid it all over the floor and the bed. Then I saw that he got a hold of one of her orange markers and drew all over both of his arms. The paper was up on top of this tall dresser and he figured out how to get it. There is a porta-crib that was put away so it was in a rectangular shape. He pushed it up to the dresser to stand on it and get the paper. I was so mad for multiple reasons. He was still up at midnight and that he got into Melanie's scrapbook stuff. Thankfully he didn't mess up any of her paper. He helped me put it back and finally went to bed. Saturday we had a little family party for Addison's birthday. By the time everyone left it was 3:30pm. Landon usually goes down for a nap at around 1:00pm. I said he should still go down for a nap but Adam wanted to wait and just put him down for the night. Well 5:00pm comes around and Landon is just melting. Adam takes him up to bed and laid him down to sleep. He fell right asleep. I thought, great now he is going to wake up in a couple hours and be up all night. He never woke up. He slept through the night until 5:00am and Adam made him stay in bed until 7:00am. He just played in his bed, reading books until 7:00am. I guess he was catching up on all of the sleep he has been missing.

No comments: