Sunday, May 17, 2009

9 Years So Far

So on April 28th Adam and I had our 9 year anniversary. It's nice because since we got married in 2000 we can always remember how long we have been married. In 2025 it will be our 25th anniversary. Well Adam decided to plan out this anniversary celebration and scheduled a couples massage. I laughed at first because Adam pulls away and gets uncomfortable when people come up and just rub his shoulders. How is he going to do with a whole hour massage? He said that he was doing it because he knows I love massages and he wants to be with me. What a selfless husband I have. So he scheduled it for the Saturday after our anniversary at Mellow Me Out day spa. Our appointment was for Saturday at 4pm but Friday night we both started throwing up with the flu that we got. He called them right when Mellow Me Out opened Saturday morning to cancel. The phone said "we cannot answer your call at this time please leave a message" he then left a message canceling. Later that day we got a message on our answering machine with an annoyed voice saying..."Where are you guys? It's 4:20 and your appointment was at 4. If you don't come we still have to charge you." Adam then called the next day a couple of times to fix what happened and they kept saying "We will call you back" A week goes by with no phone call. I then looked at my credit card statement and they did charge me! I called to fix this and they put me on hold twice for 15 minutes each time. I was furious by then and called back demanding to talk to a manager. I finally did and they credited my card. That is the worse service I have ever had and we hadn't even gone there. Never will I attempt to go there again. Adam chose another massage place downtown and it was nice. My lady was a little fast with the massage but Adam got a girl that was good and he actually enjoyed it. He said it was really relaxing and he would definately do it again. I was surprised. After that we went to the Firehouse Restaurant in Old Sac. I have always heard about that place but had never went there. It is really nice and expensive but fun to do once in a while. Adam got the Filet Mignon and I got the Lamb. Both of them were excellent. Cooked perfectly and the seasonings we great. It was kind of funny but our waiter kept saying, "How are the flavors?" Well it was a much needed night for the both of us. Adam and I rarely see each other now especially since the start of the kitchen remodel.

1 comment:

Michelle and Nathan said...

congrats! I know it's not easy to find time be together, but it's wonderful when it finally works out.