Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yeah Man, Sheet Rocks!




So we have put up the sheet rock and we will start texturing the walls on Monday. It's getting closer and I can't wait. This sickness has definately put us back on the project though. After the texturing I have to paint. I still need to figure out what colors I want to do. Adam says that he loves the autumn colors that I decorated with before but I am afraid that with the new cabinets my current burnt orange color might be too dark. I was thinking of just going with a neutral beige and then just accenting with fabrics but is that too boring for colorful me? My cabinets are a knotty alder that has a medium color stain and a dark glaze just in the creases plus my island is going to be black with sanded edges. I think I will go to the fabric store and get inspiration there. Suggestions anyone? I cut all of the holes for the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers and ran all of the wires for the surround sound. We are getting built in cabinets made to surround our fireplace and are also going to get a huge flat screen TV to mount above the fireplace. Let me tell you...Rock Band is going to be awesome on our TV and surround sound.

1 comment:

Julie Bowman said...

WuHoo!!!!! It is definitely moving along! I can't wait to see the final product!