Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swine Flu!

My parents house is busting out of the walls with people and now all of us are sick. My sister, her husband and kids are living with my parents now and we are here everyday because our house is in shambles from the kitchen remodel. Well it all started with Melanie getting sick on Sunday. Then on Wednesday night we woke up to Landon throwing up. He got better on Friday and that is when everything else when haywire. Adam came home from work throwing up then it went Mykell, My mom, Addison, Casey and now me. So all at once 6 people were struck with the flu. Lets just say we were glad that my parents have 3 bathrooms. I wasn't feeling right on Friday but I couldn't pinpoint what it was. I had a really bad headache but didn't feel nauseated. I just felt blah. I decided to call into work sick because I have been up all night for the past 2 nights with Landon and I was exhausted. Well good thing I did because in the middle of the night I started throwing up. It is so funny because when I called into work and they were asking me all of these questions thinking that I have the swine flu. I think this swine flu scare is ridiculous. It's just like any other sickness....stay home, wash your hands, stay hydrated. The regular Influenza make millions of people sick and unfortunately some die. Why is the media playing up this to be ten times worse than the regular flu? They should educate people, not cause mass hysteria. Well I will get off my soap box now. The only people who haven't gotten sick from this is my dad and Kaylee. Then again my dad just said...I just don't feel right. Uh oh he is the next victim. So we aren't going to be around people for a while until this passes.

3 comments:

Mrs. F said...

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than dying from the swine flu.

Hope you feel better soon!

kristin said...

Seriously!!! I think the same way you do! Thousands of people die every year from just the regular flu! We're scheduled to go on a cruise on the 24th to the Mexican Riviera and they better not cancel it! So sorry you're sick- that is such the pits. Hope you guys feel better, and hopefully your kitchen remodel gets done soon. Love to come see it! It's going to be like a new house! Lucky you!

Kimberly said...

Yuck! I hope it leaves you all alone VERY soon!