Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

So we had a typical 4th of July except for working on the kitchen. In the morning we went to the pancake breakfast at the church. It was nice because we got to see some people that we haven't seen for a while. Oh how I miss our old ward. We had a lot of good friends there and it was so fun. After the breakfast we walked down to watch the parade. Nothing much to it. It was a typical parade but we were laughing saying it seems more like an advertisement parade then a celebration parade. We ended up leaving part way through because we were sitting in the sun and all the kids were getting too hot and grumpy.
After the parade Adam and Landon went swimming at grandma's house while I went back and finished putting the front door in. We also painted some of the baseboards so I could put them in the pantry. The next priority for me is to make the shelves in the pantry. I couldn't do that until the baseboards were in there because it would be awfully hard to reach under the shelves to put them in. Once the shelves are in I can organize the kitchen and just do the rest of the projects here and there. So what is still on my list?...paint and put in the doors, paint and put in the molding for around the doors, paint and put in the baseboards, finish installing the speakers, cover the seats on the kitchen table, make the curtains, and tile the backsplash. Then I am completely done. We are getting our new couch on Monday, our refrigerator on Tuesday and our TV installed on Friday. My dad came over on the 4th and finished installing my faucet, garbage disposal and dishwasher. Thanks Dad! Now we can actually make food in the kitchen and clean the dishes. YES! I thought this day would never come, a functioning kitchen. Check out my little model with our new dishwasher.

1 comment:

Stacy Hart said...

Can't wait for the Bowman Bash to see the gorgeous kitchen!! :)