Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Kitchen Here We Come!




So I have been trying to save my money for the past 3 years for a new kitchen. I finally decided just to do it or it won't get done. My dad is helping me which is nice. I know that it would take much longer to do if it was only me. We did demolition on two walls to open it all up. The layout of my old kitchen was horrible. The refrigerator door would hit the wall every time you opened it, the space in between the cabinets were almost 6 feet. That was such wasted space and it felt like forever trying to move a pot of boiling water from the stove to the sink. I decided to move the refrigerator, get built in wall ovens, make an island, and move the dishwasher. I thought we were done with the walls when we brought them down but my dad suggested that it would look better with arches in them. Even though it was another thing to do on the kitchen I am glad he suggested it. I am posting some pictures to let everyone know how our progress is going.

10 comments:

erin said...

Yeah, it looks so much more open! I'm sure you'll love it when you're done! Good luck with all the hard work!
And that first picture of Addison on the side is my absolute favorite! How cute is that?

The 4 of Us said...

Wow! That is crazy! It's gonna be great! Thanks for starting your blog. I love your family!

bowmans bunch said...

It looks like a lot of hard work! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished kitchen! I'm so glad that you started a blog! I want to see more pictures of your family! You should go and check my blog out! Talk to you later!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry about deleting the last comment, I was signed in wrong, so that wouldn't have taken you to my blog!

IT looks like you have been keeping busy. I can't believe how big your kids are getting.

Linda Palmer said...

I remember having to do this--it will
get better--the openness will make the kitchen seem really large.
Addison is so cute

kelly said...

love your blog!!! good job!

kristin said...

Hey, you started a blog! (I have a blog patrol in case you wondering how I found you:)
Kitchen remodel looks like a lot of work! I don't even recognize your house, but I'm sure it's going to look FABULOUS!

jstme said...

Best of everything with your new kitchen!! Sounds like it will be great!

your children are DARling!

funFunFun
Love SisT

check out my blog
TheTurnerConnection.blogspot.com

michelle brady said...

we know how living in the mess goes, but it is so worth it. we are thrilled for you.