Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kids and Pictures




Well today I decided to take a break from the kitchen and take the kids for pictures at Picture People. I rarely see Adam because both of us work full time and have opposite schedules. I work nights and weekends, he works days and weekdays. He is off of work this week to watch the kids while I work on the kitchen with my dad. My dad is a temple worker at the Sacramento Temple and his days to go are Wednesday mornings. I thought it would be perfect to schedule picture time. I made an appointment at 11am. Perfect! Just before the kids naps. Well they didn't get us in to take pictures until noon. An hour after our appointment. I was very annoyed. Picture People is usually really good about not having people wait. The last couple of times I went it has been getting worse. I am almost thinking about going somewhere else.
I did their individual pictures first and then our Easter pictures. Well once we got to the Easter picture part they have had it. When one was smiling the other one was crying. Landon does this funny thing now where if you say "don't smile" then he will smile really big. We thought we would try it for the pictures. He did it but would lose his pose in the mean time by leaning back on dad or uncrossing his feet. Now I understand why people take less and less family pictures when have more kids. If it is this hard trying to get two kids to look at the camera and smile what are we going to do when we have 5 or 6 kids?

3 comments:

michelle brady said...

I have all but quit going to pic people. my 3 boys are impossible and we are all miserable at the very thought of it. I guess we'll just settle for individuals for a while.

Kimberly said...

I hate picture people. I have had the same experience all too often and they have gotten worse when it came to making the kids smile. I hear kiddy Candids are good in Babies r us. I am going to try them for myself and see if they got chops. By the way, I loved your and Addison's dresses. Very cute.

erin said...

You did a great job on the Easter outfits!
My mother in law has us take pics with all the grandkids at a picture place every year....talk about difficult getting 7 kids under 6 to cooperate. And this next year there will be 9 under 7!!!